Lawyers must lodge out of country appeals through MyHMCTS
Presidential Practice Statement (PPS) No1 of 2021 came into force on Monday 26 April 2021.
This expands upon, and replaces, Presidential Practice Statement No2 of 2020 by making it mandatory to lodge represented appeals from appellants outside of the UK via MyHMCTS unless it is not practicable to do so. The statement also includes linked appeals where the appellant is represented.
If you haven’t already you can register for the service online.
The onus lies on the appellant to show why it is not reasonably practicable.
Additionally to the catch-all exception, the following situations are automatically deemed impracticable:
- appeals under The Immigration (Citizens’ Rights Appeals) (EU Exit Regulations 2020);
- if the appellant is outside the United Kingdom;
- if the appellant is in detention;
- any appeal brought by a person without representation by a qualified person within the meaning of s.84 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999; or
- if the appellant’s appeal is linked to another appeal. (This applies where the appeal of one or more appellants is brought at the same time in circumstances in which those appeals raise common issues).
Posted on Apr 27, 2021.
Получить консультацию специалиста
Пожалуйста, свяжитесь по телефону с одним из наших юристов +44 (0) 207 907 1460 (Лондон), +7 495 933 7299 (Россия), +971 509 265 140 (Дубай) или заполните нашу форму запросаСвяжитесь с нами