Tier 2 minimum income threshold, £35,000, for settlement comes into effect today
Today the new minimum income threshold for Tier 2 applications for settlement comes into effect. This means that if you have leave as a Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (Sports person) then you must have at least £35,000 earnings. This will be increased annually as follows:
- £35,000 if you apply for settlement on or after 6 April 2016;
- £35,500 if you apply for settlement on or after 6 April 2018;
- £35,800 if you apply for settlement on or after 6 April 2019;
- £36,200 if you apply for settlement on or after 6 April 2020;
- £36,900 if you apply for settlement on or after 6 April 2021.
There are a number of exemptions to this rule. You will be exempt from the minimum earnings threshold if any of the following apply to you:
- Your most recent grant of leave was as a Tier 2 (Minister of Religion) Migrant;
- Your continuous 5 year period includes all or part of a grant of leave as a qualifying work permit holder, or as a Tier 2 migrant where your Certificate of Sponsorship was assigned before 6 April 2011;
- You have been employed in a job:
- that appears on the Shortage Occupation List in Appendix K, or has appeared on that list during any time you were being sponsored to do that job during the last 6 years; or
- that appears on the occupations skilled to PhD-level as stated in the Codes of Practice in Appendix J.
It is important to be aware of whether you will fall under this new minimum income threshold for settlement as it affects many Tier 2 migrants.
We will continue to keep updated.
Posted on Apr 05, 2016.
请通过电话 +44 (0) 207 907 1460 （伦敦）、+7 495 933 7299 （莫斯科）、+971 509 265 140 （迪拜）与我们的一位移民律师联系或完成我们的查询联系我们