European Commission proposes new Schengen visa policy
The Commission proposed to reform the EU's common visa policy. The proposed changes to the Visa Code will make it easier for travellers to obtain a visa to come to Europe.
Proposed changes will include:
- reduced visa decision making process from 15 days to 10 days;
- applications could be submitted 6 months before the intended travel date;
- applications will be filled in electronically;
- new short term visas at external borders: single-entry visas directly at external land and sea borders. Such visas will be valid for a stay of a maximum of 7 days in the issuing Member State only;
- frequent travellers with a positive visa history will be able to get long-term multiple entry visas valid for 1-5 years;
- visa fees are expected to grow from 60 EUR to 80 EUR.
Posted in English on Mar 15, 2018.