Extending the probationary period before partners can apply for settlement
The government announced on 13th July, 2011, it has launched a 12-week consultation on family migration. Its key proposals include:
- introducing a minimum income threshold for sponsors of partners and dependants;
- extending the probationary period before partners can apply for settlement in the UK from 2 years to 5 years;
- requiring partners and adult dependants aged under 65 to demonstrate that they can understand everyday English (B1 level on the Common European Framework for Languages) when they apply for settlement;
- defining more clearly what constitutes a genuine and continuing marriage, to help identify sham and forced marriages;
exploring the case for making 'sham' a lawful impediment to marriage in England and Wales;
- reviewing the full right of appeal for family visitor visas;
- to seek clarity about the circumstances in which the public interest will outweigh an individual’s Article 8 rights.
Posted on Jul 12, 2011.
Получить консультацию специалиста
Пожалуйста, свяжитесь по телефону с одним из наших юристов +44 (0) 207 907 1460 (Лондон), +7 495 933 7299 (Россия), +971 509 265 140 (Дубай) или заполните нашу форму запросаСвяжитесь с нами