|Visitors under the UK/China Approved Destination Status (ADS) Agreement|
The visitor visa is the most popular single route for individuals coming to the UK for tourism, to visit family or for business or other special purpose visits.
Reasons why you may wish to visit the UK
General requirements for coming to the UK as a visitor
The exceptions to this general rule are for ‘academic visitors and ‘parents of children at school in the UK” who are entitled to stay in the UK for a maximum period of 12 months.
Categories of the “Visitor Visa”
The different categories of “Visitor Visa” are as follows:
Visitors under the UK/China Approved Destination Status (ADS) Agreement
If you are a national of the People’s Republic of China and you simply wish to enter the UK for a short visit, you may apply as a visitor under the UK/China Approved Destination Status (ADS) Agreement.
1. You will need to demonstrate that you are a national of the People’s Republic of China.
2. You will be required to demonstrate that you only wish to enter the UK for a short time, not exceeding 30 days.
3. You must be able to show that you intend to enter the UK, travel within the UK and exit the UK only as a member of a tourist group of 5 people or more under the ADS Memorandum of Understanding.
4. You must be able to show that you have no intention of working or studying or conducting business in the UK.
5. You must be able to show that you intend to leave the UK after your visit and demonstrate that you can meet the cost of the return or onward journey.
6. You must show that you have sufficient funds to maintain and accommodate yourself (and any dependants) without working in the UK or receiving assistance from UK public funds. Alternatively you can show that your relatives or friends or an organisation will be financially supporting and/or accommodating you.
B. Activities not permitted under the UK/China Approved Destination Status (ADS) Agreement visa
C. Documents required
If you wish to apply as a visitor under the UK/China Approved Destination Status (ADS) Agreement, you should ensure that you have the following documentation:
D. Extension & Switching
The maximum you can stay in the UK is 30 days under this category of visa. You can be granted leave to enter the UK under this category subject to a condition prohibiting employment and provided you hold an ADS Agreement visit visa.
You are not permitted to change into another visa category.
Please note that upon the expiry of your visa, you are required to leave the UK. If you stay beyond the expiry of your visa, you will remain illegally in the UK and you will be considered an “overstayer”. This may have an adverse impact on your immigration record and is likely to affect any future UK immigration applications. This could even result in you being banned from re-entering the UK for a certain period of time.
E. Right of Appeal
Applicants can be refused a visa to enter the UK as a visitor under the UK/China Approved Destination Status (ADS) Agreement and would normally receive a detailed letter explaining the reasons for refusal.
There is no right of appeal against the Entry Clearance Officers decision to refuse any visitor visa application. We therefore advise that if applicants have been refused a visa as a visitor under the UK/China Approved Destination Status (ADS) Agreement, they should seek legal advice on the procedure for submitting a fresh application.
In case of visitor visa refusal, the only judicial remedy is Judicial Review. This is where a Judge reviews the lawfulness of a decision or action made by the British Embassy/Home Office in the High Court. If you wish to explore this option further then please contact us to arrange a consultation.
F. Our Services